6 Remarkable Mobile Home Statistics You Need to Know
Mobile homes are taking the world by storm. We are going to share with you the mobile home statistics in The USA. Our data will show you the importance of this industry. We’ll answer why Mobile homes are becoming more popular around America and the rest of the world.
Mobile homes have been around for years. We have just resigned them to help meet our new needs, wants, and desires over the years. We are going to dive into the fascinating mobile home industry, the mobile home prices, values as well as the usage stats.
Homebuyers are astonished by the idea of paying $292,600 less on average when it comes to purchases a mobile or manufactured home as opposed to the regular built-in home idea that we are used to.
Fascinating Facts About Mobile Homes (Editor's Pick)
- Approximately 22 million people live in manufactured or mobile homes in the United States, according to the manufactured housing industry statistics.
- Homeowner stats indicate 56.4% of mobile homeowners have lived in their current home for more than 10 years.
- 960 square feet is the average size of a lot plot for a mobile home.
- Computer aid planning allows manufacturers to reduce material waste during the production process – 3D Printing to grow $14 billion by 2020.
- Up to 70% of manufacturing materials end up as scraps.
- Nebraska manufactured housing stats suggest an increase of 226% since 2009.
In 1929 Arthur G. Sherman and his Covered Wagon Company were the first to create a mobile home. He invested $10 000.00, and by the time 1936 came, he was selling more than 10 000 mobile homes, and with the different mobile home prices, he grossed over 3 million dollars in mobile home sales.
Nowadays, the sky’s the limit when it comes to you as a mobile home buyer choosing your mobile home. You can design it how you want, it can be economical and environmentally friendly, which is an important factor to society today. Plus, the home is still on wheels which makes moving from state to state a lot easier and more cost-effective.
Demographics of Mobile Home-Residents
1. 17.7 million Americans Live in Mobile Homes which is about 5.6% of the American Population.
The age of these people varies from babies to the elderly. Mobile homes have provided families and single people with the opportunity to have an affordable way to live. Mobile homes are the key to low-income housing.
It might also be ideal for those who can’t even afford public housing. According to public housing statistics, the average annual income of a public housing resident is $14,500. If you think you’re earning below that amount, then go for mobile homes.
Meanwhile, trailer park stats suggest that there are about 200 trailer parks in 25 States throughout America and the demand for mobile homes and trailer parks grows every year.
Mobile homes can be placed on private property or rented property. This means that you can have your mobile home on a lot or you can put it on your land. Renting will make moving a lot easier and cheaper and if you own, you can make money by renting out space to other mobile home buyers.
2. 39% of Deaths Caused by Tornadoes in the last 20 years were Mobile-Home Residents.
(Source: Pacific Standard)
Manufactured home fires can be a common occurrence in the United States. In fact, house fires are more common than we would like to think.
Between 2007-2011 the U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 11 400 mobile home fires per year.
There was an annual loss of 206 deaths, 434 injuries and about $179 million in direct property damage.
The number of fire deaths and damage has decreased by about 60% since 1980. This proves that we are getting better at building mobile homes that are safer and can withstand disasters such as a house fire.
Housing Comparison Statistics
3. Mobile Homes Save Over 40% on Housing Costs.
If we look at the nationwide housing comparison, the cost for a mobile home is about $564 a month as opposed to the average $1 057 per month for site-built home or an apartment in America.
Mobile Home Statistics: Money
4. Mobile Homes Median Household Income is $34 000 whereas the non-mobiles Income reaches $59 700.
(Source: Apartment List)
When it comes to saving money, you need to be aware of what mobile home living costs compared to how much it comes to live in a built home in America these days.
Median Gross housing costs about $1057 for a non-mobile home whereas it only costs about $564 for your manufactured home.
23.9% of Americans with income putting them below the poverty line live in mobile homes and they find it luxury.
Share of Manufactured Homes by State
5. There are 1253 manufactured and 4114 site-built homes in New Mexico in 2017 alone which comprises a 27% change in new manufactured housing since 2009.
(Source: Construction Coverage)
- 18.8% of all homes in South Carolina are mobile homes.
- Over 13% of homes in Arizona are mobile homes.
- 16.6% of all homes in New Mexico are mobile homes.
- Single-family homes in Nebraska marked an increase of 22%.
- There were 186 manufactured homes and 5436 site-built homes in 2017 in the state.
- The average mobile home price in 2017 was $71600.
New Mexico and Nebraska are the top 2 states that have increased the number of mobile homes in America since 2009. The average mobile home price in 2017 was $ 75200.
Mobile Homes Pros
6. Up to 70% of manufacturing materials end up as scraps.
Mobile home manufacturers build and deliver your home quickly. This is a huge selling point because you can get a new home sooner than you would if you were building a solid structure.
Mobile homes are customizable! You can build it how you want, to the dimensions that you want, and with the technology that you have always desired.
They are designed to withstand the weather conditions of your respective zone. A crucial fact as you want to have a home that you know will still be standing after a heavy rain, bad winds, or hail.
Green-friendly homes are becoming more popular. We are becoming more aware of saving the environment and manufacturers are coming on board and designing homes that are healthier for the environment but also healthier for your pocket in the long run. The cost of these manufactured homes is reasonable and you will save money with greener homes.
Mobile home buyers can rest assured that they have made the right financial decisions when it comes to buying or even renting their mobile homes. They help you save money, they are environmentally friendly and it can be an investment in the long run if you play your cards right.
Mobile home prices are reasonable and the more popular they become, the more trailer parks you will be able to rent a lot from. This means that you are going to be able to travel the country in the comfort of your own home, now that you’ve studied the latest mobile home statistics!